Tuesday, September 16, 2008

CHRISTIANS WHO ARE ON FIRE DO NOT NEED TO ADVERTISE!
Stealth burners...


In Chennai we had times set aside for Fasting and Prayer, these thirty day periods prayer would be in the church and people would come as possible during the times set. As I walked through the door, the power of God came over me. What was going on here? There was almost no one in the church except for a man, Pastor D. Mohan, who was praying at the front a few women and one other man in prayer. As I listened to this man pray, I realized what had happened. Even though I had heard countless messages on prayer before, it was hearing this man actually pray that challenged me more than any sermon ever had. I kept thinking: this man knows God and has a relationship in prayer that I desperately need.

As Jesus was walking with two of the disciples to Emmaus after his resurrection, he did not grab them and shout: "Hey, it is me!" He just talked to them. Later they said: "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road?" (Luke 24:32)

When I was growing up, my mother often said to me: "Jim, when you get out into the world, always remember the wheat heads. The ones that stick their heads up the highest are always the most empty. The same goes for people!"

Are you trying to get the recognition of people?

It is not you, but Christ in you the hope of Glory! Let us burn for HIM!

"To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Col 1:27 NIV)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home