Tuesday, September 16, 2008

THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR FIRE.
Don't find out when its too late!

Christians who are on fire do not accept the devil's substitutes!

As we entered the room, I was introduced as "the missionary from India". As soon as this young lady of about thirty-five years heard "India", she started sobbing and crying out loud. She looked at me with desperation in her eyes. Full of emotion, she told me: "God has called me to India! I have had a consuming dream of going and ministering to the people of India!"

This young lady was dying from cancer. She could no longer walk upright due to the pain. She had spent her life partying and living for pleasure, until cancer had put an end to that way of life.

The question that continues to haunt me is this: “why do people only start to think about their Godly calling and their life's purpose when they are dying or when the devil has so consumed them and ruined their lives.” My nephew has had a call on his life to Yugoslavia as a teenager in high school. Now after a divorce and addiction to alcohol is it still possible to answer the call? The devil will give you almost anything you want, just to keep you occupied.

What is your purpose and what is God's calling for your life?

Do not wait until you are faced with death before starting to seek God to find HIS purpose for your life.

Ps 139:23,24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (NIV)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home