Tuesday, September 02, 2008

No Encounter- No Fire...

No Encounter- No Fire...

Christians on fire have had an encounter with God!

Dense fog enveloped the valley of the beautiful Mountain. I was alone on the cold, deserted mountains, fasting and praying - so hungry for God! I started the day reading through the Bible. As I got to Luke 13, it was as if God himself came into the room of that little mountain cabin. The power of God fell on me as I read the words: "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to." (Luke 13:24). All of a sudden, I had a vision of people from my church standing in front of God's door, pleading with tears running down their faces: "God, please, please let me come in!" But the door was forever closed. As I watched them, I began to weep, as a heavy, almost unbearable burden came upon me. God had given me a small glimpse of reality that shook my world, and I was never the same again. These people were not ready for eternity! This experience showed me the earnestness of the Gospel message and has kept my heart burning over the years - God planted something new in my heart that day.

If you look at the scriptures, you will see that most servants of God had a visitation from God in one way or another. (Moses had the burning bush, Gideon the angel of God, and even Jesus had the Father say, "this is my beloved son..." just to mention a few.) You can only start fire with fire! You cannot give what you have not received.

Have you had an encounter with God?

I will bring him near and he will come close to me, for who is he who will devote himself to be close to me?' declares the LORD. Jer 30:21

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home