Wednesday, December 31, 2014

How to receive the Word of the Lord


Here's how to receive the Word:

"So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls" (James 1:21).

"If you love me, obey my commandments" (John 14:15).

We're to live for the Lord and do the things that please Him, regardless of what other people may think. Your friends may not have the privilege of knowing Jesus the way you do.

When you love someone, you like to do the things they like to do. I remember sitting and watching Veggie Tales and other little kids movies with my son when he was younger—not because I was into them, but because he was into them. There are some foods my wife likes that I don't like, but I'll eat it because she likes it. I'll come home, and sometimes she will have cooked something that I know she made just because it's one of my favorite meals. She knows what I like, and she wants to please me. That's a sign of loving and being loved.

I never ask, "What will my friends think?" when I am doing something for my wife because I love her. When she's doing something for me like making that meal that I love, she's not thinking, "What will my friends think?" Who cares what they think. What matters is the person that she loves the most on earth.

What matters is what Jesus thinks. It's all about getting the right perspective because we can get all out of whack in our thinking if our perspective isn't right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home