Thursday, November 19, 2009

Being a Man of Prayer

I have been thinking about the importance of being a man of prayer in spite of all adverse situations that we may go through in life. There are times in which heaven itself be silent and feel as brass and our prayers do not bring any results immediately. This testing will be to our own faith in God. To remain in such situations as a man of prayer one must have a strong faith on God. In Psa 109:4, “In return for my friendship they accuse me, but I am a man of prayer.”

David the King had different problems and it will be very difficult to pray in such situations but he kept his prayer habit intact by not losing his faith on the living almighty God.
The heaven was silent and did not encouraged him to pray more by giving immediate answers but still he prayed to God continuously as in Psa 109:1, “O God, whom I praise, do not remain silent,”
The wicked people spoke against him to divert his attention from praying to God as in Psa 109:2, “for wicked and deceitful men have opened their mouths against me; they have spoken against me with lying tongues.”
People who can wound a heart with words of hate were surround him to wound him as in Psa 109:3, “With words of hatred they surround me;
People who came and attacked him had no valid reasons to do so but they did attack as in Psa 109:3, “…they attack me without cause.”
People could not return his friendship but they accused him as in Psa 109:4, “In return for my friendship they accuse me,
People pay evil for all the good they receive from him as in Psa 109:5, “They repay me evil for good,
People hate me after enjoying my friendship as in Psa 109:5, “and hatred for my friendship.”

In spite of all these adverse situations still he maintained his prayer life as in Psa 109:4, “…but I am a man of prayer.”

What helped him to keep the spirit of prayer?
Faith on God almighty alone can help us to continuously pray to God even if there is no immediate answer to all our prayers.
Without faith we cannot please God as in Heb 11:6, “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
The deeds of faith need prayer as in James 2:19 & 20, “You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?”
Doubts will not allow us to receive any result from God nor continue our prayers as in James 1:6 & 7, “But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord;”

God wants us to continue our prayers until we get the answers as in Luke 18:1 to 8, “Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.' "For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!'" And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

May the Lord help each one of us to have a good faith on God and keep on pray without giving it up until we get the answers from the almighty God.

Psa 109:4, “In return for my friendship they accuse me, but I am a man of prayer.”

Further Bible Study:
Mat 9:28 & 29, “When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" "Yes, Lord," they replied. Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you"
John 3:18, “Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.”

Luke 24:6, “He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:”
Commitment Prayer: Lord, help me to have more faith in you and your Word and that I may pray without any doubts- no wavering, and gain answers. I ask this prayer in the name of our lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Decision To Make
Prov 8:7 & 8, “My mouth speaks what is true, for my lips detest wickedness. All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse.”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home